I wanted to write a quick blog on what to do before your makeup artist arrives to do your trial or wedding makeup!
1) Prep your skin with your daily routine - cleaning, toning, and moisturizing. Make sure the moisturizer you are using is oil-free. Moisturizers that are not oil-free tends to break down the makeup faster.
2) Provide an area with natural lighting, table, and chair. This is pretty obvious...to some people... but some people sometimes bring us into their basement (scary!) with either that yellow lighting or flourscent lighting (even scarier!).
3) Inform your makeup artist about any concerns you might have before hand! For example, if you have any allergies or tattoos - it would be awesome to inform your makeup artist before hand. I've had clients who were allergic to Vitamin E, latex, and red dyes... I usually recommend clients to purchase their own tattoo cover-up at a tattoo shop...because sometimes regular ol' concealer can't cover it.
4) Have a camera ready! After the makeup application, take some pictures outside in the sun (one shot with your eyes open, and one shot with your eyes closed) and take some pictures indoor (one shot with your eyes open, and one shot with your eyes closed). This will show you what your makeup will look like on camera both indoors and outdoors. Mind you, your photographer's camera is probably 10x better than the regular camera but at least it'll give you an idea.
5) Wear a zippable hoodie because when you take off your clothes to dress up in your wedding dress or evening attire, the makeup (and hair) won't get messed up.
Hope this helps!
Edmonton Makeup Artists
We are a team of makeup artists serving Edmonton and the surrounding